How can I speed up my WordPress website or blog? How to make your blog secure for free? Does any provide free SSL Certificate? There is increasing talk on the Internet about new technology from Cloudflare that makes your sites more secure and faster, thanks to their multi-point CDN server around the world.
Which provides better user access to your content. which, in addition to saving you significant traffic to the main server, makes your site even faster.
How to Make Your Blog Secure with Cloudflare?
Everything works on a simple principle, which I will try to explain in this article, as well as help you use this unique service on your blogs.
How does Cloudflare work?
As I suggested before, the whole technology is that Cloudflare has several servers in different places. After you configure and activate the service for your blog, generally speaking, each of these scattered servers caches your static content by making a copy of it on its server, and once a user wants to access the content, it receives the content directly from the server that is closest to it.
Why Cloudflare is good for you?
The reason is not really one, but really many. Here are the most important:
- Your blog loads much faster;
- Even if the main server is not available for a while, your content will be visible to most users during that time (in case the content is cached);
- Save up to 60% of your traffic, which actually makes your main site much faster and therefore you can afford more options with a smaller hosting plan;
- Thanks to the service you also have a filter that protects you from web spammers and various other types of attacks;
- You have detailed statistics about the pages viewed, the traffic to your site, the traffic saved, the attacks and their type, as well as options to control access to your site;
- You have the opportunity to add additional programs for statistics, protection and a bunch of other programs that would be useful for your site;
- You also have completely free DNS hosting and options for managing the level of security and other nonsense (really a lot);
- The service is free.
I believe that there are still quite important advantages, but I remembered these at the time of writing.
Like any service, this one has disadvantages, which are not very big, but it is worth mentioning:
- It will take some time (usually up to 24 hours) for your content to be cached by all servers for it to work fully effectively. This automatically means that it is possible to slow down the distribution of your content when publishing a new or editing pages;
- Some of the programs you have the ability to integrate are not free.
How do we set up Cloudflare for our blog?
This is actually the most interesting part.
So far, I’ve come across a lot of services for whatnot, but I had not come across such an easy to integrate service, and everything is reduced to minimal user action.
It all comes down to a few simple steps, which I will try to describe in detail with images from each step, although I’m sure that you yourself will do a great job with this task.
Step 1: Registration on the site
You will need to register on the official website >>> CloudFlare <<<
Step 2: Add a site
Here we start with the real task of integrating CloudFlare into your site.
As you can see in the image, all you have to do is add your domain name to the field (for example brbteach.com ) and click on the green button ” Add this website + “.
In this step, you just have to wait until the time expires (bottom right) so that the site can automatically scan your domain settings and apply them.
Once the time has elapsed, the following will appear to choose the free plan and confirm:
Here all you have to do is click on the ” Continue to Step2 ” button.
As you can see in the image, it brings you all the DNS records of the domain and you have the opportunity to edit them if you accidentally want to make any changes. However, if you do not understand what you are doing or ask someone or just move on, through the green button below – “I ‘m done checking my DNS records, continue “.
This step shows you something like a preview of the settings before saving, and if something is not as you want, you can adjust the settings. To continue accordingly, press the green ” My setting looks good, continue ” button again.
So far, all the steps have been quite easy, and this one is a bit more complicated if you haven’t handled the domain settings before. Generally speaking, you will need to change the DNS servers from the user panel of the company from which you purchased your domain.
The yellow box shows you what your DNS servers have been so far (left) and what you need to replace them with (right, green). Copy the names of the DNS servers that are in green and paste them in place of the old ones in your domain settings.
When you’re done with this and have saved your domain settings, you can proceed by clicking the “I ‘m updated my name servers, continue ” button, which is actually the last step that takes you to the list of sites:
Once you have a list of sites, you can read a little more about the efficiency of the service by clicking on the link to what you are interested in, and at the bottom of your list of sites, you will see all the blogs or sites where you have activated the service and their current status, respectively.
In our case, the domain distributor.bg still does not work, because updating the DNS records and other settings on the system require a little time (in the worst case up to 24 hours), after which the service is activated and your site becomes faster and faster. sure.
If by chance your site is on WordPress, you can also install the free plugin for integration with Cloudflare, which is also very simple to install and improves the performance of your blog further.
For now, I think that this amount of information is quite sufficient, and let me leave a door for another useful article on CloudFlare, which you can expect very soon. In it, I will try to explain the other additional options that this platform offers you.
I hope the material in question was useful and interesting to you.
- How to Start a Successful Blog and Make Money Online 2020
- Top Most Profitable Blog Niches 2020 Blog Niche List that Makes Money
- 5 Ways to Generate New Blog Post Idea in 2020
- How long to make money blogging for beginners in 2020
- How to make money blogging fast in 2020
- 5 Useful Tips for Better Web Design on Your Blog