How to build links to your website?
Today I decided to write another word about Link Building Strategies in 2020 for blogs, although in reality these techniques can be used for any type of site or at least most of them are applicable. I decided to write on this topic because, I found that a lot of people are still wondering how to make a good Link Building Strategies, despite the great lectures of the lecturers.
I would be very happy if what I write in this post can help at least 1 person to understand in practice how things happen in Link Building and more precisely in Link Building Strategies for blogs.
What is link building and why does it matter?
The advice I intend to give in this post is not only in theory, but I have tried them and they have worked for me and I already have several successful blogs with regular visitors who found me through Google and thought my blog was worth reading.
It will sound a bit praiseworthy, but more than once my readers have written to thank me for the useful information that I have presented to them in the form of an article. I hope you are not bored already and that you want to read the lines below.
What are link building strategies?
In general, when building a good Link Building, the standard methods are used, as for any site, but here I will mention some factors that I think are much more applicable to blogs:
- Links from Article Directories;
- Links from Site Directories;
- Links from social and bookmarking networks;
- Links from thematic satellite sites;
- Links to comments in blogs;
- Blog links.
As you can see, there is really not much difference in Link Building strategies with a normal site and a blog site. What sets this article apart from the rest of the Internet on Link Building is actually the explanation and a few small tips for greater success that I will tell you.
To make everything more systematic and easy to review, I will divide the different methods into subsections.
Links from Article Directories
Article directories have become quite popular for about a year now, as a pretty good method of getting free links with a lot of weight, but unfortunately few people understand how to use them so that it has a really good effect.
Most people think that the content they will publish in these article directories is not so important, as long as they get a link from there. Alas, this is not true. As a friend of mine used to say, ” To receive – give! “
These sites most often want you to publish an article, allowing you to put a certain number of links (usually to your sites), thus you get unique visits from people who came across the article, as well as the weight of the link to your site. However, in order for the effect to be greater, you must follow a few important rules:
- Always publish a unique article written specifically for the Article Directory in question in which you have decided to publish an article;
- It is advisable to put a few links as possible in the post. Personally, I recommend that you do not put more than 2-3 links ;
- It is desirable that the articles be thematic. That is if you plan to put a link to a site for hosting, write an article on WordPress Hosting ;
- Always link to the desired site with Anchor text (the keyword by which you optimize your site). That is if we take the above example. I wrote on the topic of Best Web Hosting, and my site is https://www.brbteach.com/, the end result should be this-> Best Web Hosting ;
- Write articles of at least 200 words.
As my own experience, I often come across people who make the following unwanted mistakes that most often provoke me to disapprove of articles (as do many other colleagues):
- Copied thematic articles are used;
- More connections are allowed than allowed;
Of course, the last point most often happens, which leads to a violation of the first 2 points, but really what is the point of writing an article and wasting your time if it will not be approved and you will not get a link. Alas, more and more colleagues who have Article Directories are complaining about this.
Links from site directories
Another option to get links to your blogs is through site directories. Of course, they also have some subtleties that one needs to know in order to have a greater effect than adding your blog to them:
- It will have a greater effect on your site if the link provided in the site directory is Dofollow. Those with the nofollow rel tag will only bring you traffic;
- The title is recommended to be the keyword you are optimizing for or at least the keyword to be present;
- The title and description should be different for each site directory. They may recur, but make sure it’s not too frequent. For example, if you add your site to 10 site directories, the repetition should be a maximum of 2-3 times and still avoid it.
Links from social and bookmark networks
Although most social networks do not offer a direct dofollow link, sometimes posting links to your articles there brings you a lot of decent traffic and regular readers of your blog.
Posting links to your sites should be moderate, and I plan to give you more details on the subject in another post, because the matter is really quite large in volume, and this article has become really big, even before we have passed half a point.
As I mentioned on social networks, you probably won’t find ones that give you dofollow links, but on the other hand, there are a lot of bookmark networks that do. So look primarily for bookmark networks that provide you with dofollow links and post links to large social networks.
Here again, it is desirable to pay attention to the title and description. It will guarantee you more visits and regular readers. How to write stunning headlines that will attract more readers, I will show you in a separate article soon.
Links from thematic satellite sites
This is the resource I like the most as a method of providing links for a number of reasons, but here are the main ones:
- You get another thematic site;
- Stronger links to your site.
With so many free blogging platforms, you don’t need to buy hosting and domains separately, but if you do, it will have an even greater effect.
This option, among other things, gives you the opportunity to attract more visitors/customers and therefore the opportunity to build a unique network of strong sites with which to ensure good thematic links.
Here’s what would help you for stronger links from these sites:
- Each satellite site should be on a different blog platform with a different IP address;
- Each site should be optimized for a different keyword and finally, visitors should be directed to your main site, which will bring you good targeted traffic;
- Opportunity to get thematic links from colleagues, by the method – I link your site from My site 1, you give a link to My site 2. I will write more about this method in a separate topic.
Links from comments in blogs
Another of my favorite link building strategies or methods, but more care is required here so as not to tarnish the reputation of your sites and not be declared a spammer. This method is best when you are trying to optimize a personal blog with a keyword, your name.
The reason is that a very large number of blogs with do-follow comments allow you to sign your comment with just a name or nickname.
However, there are blogs in which the authors do not mind signing up with a keyword.
Important tips to help you avoid being labeled a spammer:
- Don’t sign with a keyword unless allowed by the blog owner;
- Always write meaningful comments with your opinion on the topic discussed in the blog;
- If you are signing with a keyword, look for a topic that is, if not directly, then at least indirectly related to the keyword. This way you will get a stronger link with a thematic comment, and your comment will not be deleted or marked as spam;
- A good trick is to provoke a discussion on the topic, but be careful not to provoke a stronger debate. The idea here is for more people to write thematic comments, expressing their point of view on the issue. Very good method to please you as a commentator. The reason is that there are still few blogs in Bulgaria with an increased presence of commentators and every blog owner is happy when his topic is commented on;
- It’s nice to have dofollow comments, but it’s still good for about 20% of the blogs you comment on to be nofollow. The idea here is to trick the Google bot into not commenting just because of the link.
Increasingly, bloggers have started arguing about “Is the blogroll link strong?” My view on the matter is that there is a force like any other do-follow link with the difference that it is indexed a little slower than the links in the articles.
The reason for this is that the gods of search engines in most cases follow new content using your RSS and Sitemap and when there is a new topic visit the address of the topic itself. This happens in the order of a few minutes, while crawling the main part of the site is done for a time determined by the bot itself, which takes time.
That’s why the misconception comes from that blogroll links don’t count… because it doesn’t happen right away. So if you are looking for links that you want to report as quickly as possible, use the links from articles. If there is no possibility to link from an article, then maybe from a blogroll.
Here is what is important when using this method:
- If you have agreed to exchange links with another god, ask if it is not possible to exchange links from different blogs. For example, from your blog it gets a link to blog 1, and it from blog 2 gives you a link to your blog. The idea here is to get a link from a site to which you have not provided links. The reason is that reciprocal links are reported as weaker;
- The higher the PR, the better for you if you have decided to fight for PR. If PR is not important to you, then it is not so important.
- It is more than desirable that blog links are mostly from thematic blogs and a small percentage of non-thematic ones.
Here are some tips for successful Link Building on your blog. You can take a look at the ” Useful ” section, where you will find a list of article directories, site directories, social and bookmark networks, as well as other useful sites and tools for any blogger.
I really hope you found this article useful and interesting. I wish you successful link building strategies and blogging.
You may also be interested in reading this: